12 Puzzles for Adults Who Need to Escape Reality
There’s something so meditative about connecting interlocking pieces to form a complex jigsaw puzzle. It’s calming. It’s engaging. It gives your brain a workout and lets you flex your problem-solving skills. And maybe most importantly right now, puzzles help pass the time. Kids, of course, have always loved them, but puzzles for adults are making a comeback. Unlike passively bingeing Netflix (apologies, Tiger King) while guzzling a cocktail, puzzles have the added benefit of letting you be entertained and focused and present. Pick one based on your skill level, your interests (Bavarian castles or cooking, perhaps), and how much of your time you want to devote to it. And build on.
These clever puzzles pay tribute to whatever you favor in the kitchen, be it stinky cheese, vegetables, or cherry pie.
Architecture buffs will love this puzzle, which is a two-for-one special: On one side, you build Fallingwater; flip it over and make the Guggenheim Museum.
This captivating puzzle lets you recreate Ernst Haeckel's 1899 illustration of 12 types of hummingbirds. And the puzzle itself is made from sustainably harvested wood.
Masochist's special. This duotone gradient 500-piece puzzle is a brilliant way to give your brain a true workout — the painful kind.
Brooklyn-based illustrator Julia Heffernan's 450-piece ode to breasts comes with glue so you can keep it forever. Because who doesn't love a boob puzzle.
If you truly want to kill some time, devote an evening (or a week) to doing this 5000-piecer, which depicts the mythical tower of Babel. Like all puzzles by heritage puzzle-maker Ravensburger, the pieces are precisely laser-cut so they seamlessly fit together.
- This Year, Mother’s Day matters to your family...More than everLess than everAbout the same
For a real challenge, this 540-piece puzzle is as hard to do as it is satisfying to finish. It comes with a stand so you can display it when you're done.
- Realistic Appearance - Visual History: Build your own Neuschwanstein castle replica, achieve a great sense of accomplishment once completed. Cool home & office desktop decoration.
- Anti-anxiety Jigsaw Puzzle to Kill a Day: Stay focus and relax the mind to assemble all pieces step by step with instruction, it will take you about 3+ hours.
- Mothers Day Gifts for Mom: A perfect parent-child activity, spend funny time with your family. Box size: 11.7 x 8.6 x 1.7 inches and build-up size: 17.3 x 7.4 x 12.9 inches.
- 3D Self-Assembly Model without Glue: Made of pre-cut paper and foam board. All pieces interlock precisely. Recommend for 10+ years old.
- 100% Quality Guarantee: Our customer support team is standing by to offer you pleasant shopping experience from CubicFun.
Instead of jigsaw pieces, this puzzle comprises 130 blocks, which you arrange to create six different masterpieces from Picasso, Dalí, Kandinsky, Matisse, Vasarely, and Herbin.
A beautiful take on the popular logic-based number-placement brain teaser, this wood puzzle has double-sided pieces and can be played individually or as a team.
This carved-plywood puzzle provides maximal escape from reality, while making your brain work. Puzzlers use intricate pieces to complete a fractal geometric field.
Part stress buster, part fidget toy, part puzzle, this wooden creation can be twisted into whatever shape you want. But the goal here is to return it to snake mode.
Every product on Fatherly is independently selected by our editors, writers, and experts. If you click a link on our site and buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission.
- The Next Government Stimulus Needs to Bail Out the Child Care Industry
- 12 Puzzles for Adults Who Need to Escape Reality
- How to Prevent a Child From Constantly Interrupting Your Zoom Call
- Polar Vortex Is Really Happening This Weekend